Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bristlecone Pines, Glen Canyon, & Lake Powell

Lafayette, CO - Hot Damn! 2010 and I'm still struggling to get through all my pictures. Good thing I'm still out of work, otherwise I'd have to get a bigger digital shoebox. On the other hand, not working makes it much easier to get out there and take more pictures. Like last weekend, Suwei and I were invited up to Casper Wyoming to do a hut trip with friends from both coasts. I took a few snaps there... and will post them about the time it starts getting warm again.

For this set of photos we go back to the last week in September. I had just finished up my stint with Suntrek and met Suwei in San Francisco just in time to celebrate our one year anniversary. To celebrate we decided to (you guessed it!) do a road trip. That's right. After driving a van 17990 miles from coast to coast to coast and back again, I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do than spend some time with my wife on the road.

We started off with hot springing on the backside of the Sierras. We took a hike to check out the oldest trees on the planet in the Ancient Bristle-cone Pine Forest in the White Mountains of California. We went to see "LOVE", a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas. We took a 4 hour float down the Colorado river to see Glen Canyon from the bottom. And we washed off the dust collected along the way in the cooling waters of Lake Powell. By that time we had met up with a few of our hiking buddies for a 4 day backpacking trip through Buckskin Gulch... but that is another post altogether.

Hope you enjoy the photos. Stick around for the hike... coming soon.


Hot Spring near Mammoth, CA / Suwei doing her best bristle-cone pine impression

Ancient Bristle-cone Pine Forest, The White Mountians, CA


Floating down the Colorado River though Glen Canyon





Horseshoe Bend, Arizona / Lake Powell, Utah

So, Suwei tells me that most people reading this blog won't or don't bother to check out the slide show. She says I should put more of the stories in the actual blog. I think she is probably right. However, I hate to give up the slide shows. I think it is by far the best way to view the pictures and I think spending time telling stories in that format make it worth it. So, that said... I'd highly suggest checking out the slide show. I think you will find it worth your time. Here is the link:


Bristlecone Pines, Glen Canyon, & Lake Powell

No comments: