Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Photo of the Day - April Roundup

Santa Clara, CA -  In April Instagram finally came out with an Android version of there very popular photo app and Facebook bought the company for a billion dollars.  I figured I might as well check it out, those iPhone folks seem to like it.

Anyway, I liked it as well.  It was simple and easy to use and the instant vintage presets make even crappy low resolution photos look decent.  I was also intrigued by the square format.  Yes, you can crop, but the photo must remain a square. No zoom, no wide angle, the only way to change the composition is to move the camera.  In this age where really good camera equipment and photo processing tools are getting better and better and more accessible to normal, non-professional shleps like me, I kind of liked the challenge of taking a decent photo without all that help.

So, on April 9th, I decided to start taking and posting an Instagram photo once a day, every day.  The only rule I set, was that the photo had to be taken that day.  I think I actually missed the 10th, because I forgot.  But since then, I've been able to make it a habit.

For most of us, day to day life is not all that interesting.  We get up, do our thing, eat a bit here and there, and when we can't seem to get any more done, we go to bed.  It gets to be a bit of a grind.  I thought this would be a great way to practice looking at the world a different way.  Instead of just seeing the same ol', same ol', the mundane, I'm working at recognizing the interesting and the beautiful within the ordinary.  Some days are better than others.

Below are the photos I took each day in April.  If you're interested in the daily posts, I'm sending them to Facebook and Instagram.  If you'd like to see comments for the photos, go the slideshow by clicking the link at the bottom.

 Here is the slideshow:

Photo of the Day - April

No comments: