Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Hiking in Pacifica, CA

San Jose, CA - More photos! Yes, I've managed to work my way through another set of pictures, albeit another small set. However, there may be a bit of a lapse after this post as I am currently on my way to Colorado for a few days in order to move a truck load of stuff out to California. After that I'm fully on "getting ready for baby" mode.

Suwei and I are down to the last 9 weeks and I've still got a full stack of happy, sleepy, make your baby quiet books to read.  Not only that, but I've also got to start stocking the house with all the baby's "must haves".  There seems to be a lot of must haves, and we're trying to purchase as few of them as we can (we're not shy about accepting hand me downs).

Anyway, in the meantime, this set photos come from a day trip out we took to Pacifica, CA last May. Eng-Shien had passed on a email he got from Maria about a group of folks planning an evening hike out to Brooks Falls in San Pedro Valley County Park followed up with a nice sushi dinner at Ocean Fish Sushi. In actuality, I think the hike was probably just an excuse to gather folks together for the sushi (the hike was only 2.2 miles long).

Because the hike was so dang short, Suwei and I decided to head out there a bit early and also take a wander around Mori Point. Mori Point is a lovely jut of land that was just recently saved from development (well, within the last 3 years) and added to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. If you have a really good memory you may just recognize it from the final scene in the movie Harold and Maude.



If you haven't seen the movie... Rent it. If you haven't been out to Mori Point, check it out, especially if you are already in Pacifica to eat sushi.  When we were out there, the place had a lovely coat of wild flowers.  Here are some photos.

Mori Point, Pacifica, CA




By the time we started the Brooks Falls Loop in San Pedro Valley County Park the weather had gone foggy. I must have gone a bit foggy as well, as I neglected to take any group photos or even photos of any of the members of the group (there must have been almost 10 of us out there). Nor did I get a shot of the falls, as it was obscured by fog. I did however, get a few good shots of the fog.


San Pedro Valley County Park

Well, that's it for this entry, I have a plane to catch. Check out the slide show here:

Mori Point & San Pedro Valley County Park, Pacifica, CA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me of Mori Point and the movie....been in Pacifica for 5 months, did a lot of hiking during this time...need to head back for home in Mich. Hope you are all fine, baby too.!! Enjoyed your photo trips...