Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ireland Part 3 - Gary, Galway, Donegal, & Dublin


Lafayette, CO - This is it, the last post from our trip. Next I'll have to start working on the pictures I've taken since my return in November. Coming up will be photos from Joshua Tree, Zion, Estes Park, Ouray, & Moab. But.. for now.. let's just stick with Ireland.

Halloween night I met up with Gary in Galway. From there we zigged and zagged back and forth across the country going south to a wedding in Durrow, further south to the Rock of Cashel in Cashel, exploring the mysteries of the Hill of Tara to the north, dropping in on Gary's friend Anne in Dublin, south again to Glendalough for a short hike, then heading west to Ennis to fill the car with some giant, foam mushrooms that needed to be back in Dublin the following weekend.


Fall Colors in Glendalough

Before and after all that I got to visit Gary's digs in Milltown, County Galway. I was able to meet his parents, Gary showed me where the house he is going to build will be located, and Gary's dad gave me a full tour of the area.


The View from The Rock of Cashel

While Gary was slaving away I work I was able to rent a car and head north checking out the coast in the Counties Galway, Mayo, and Dunegal. As with my last few posts most all the interesting tidbits of this trip are in the slide show (link at the bottom of the post.)


Lough Corrib in County Galway



Coast in County Donegal



Dublin



Anyway... November 9th came around and before I knew it, I was on a plane heading home. I was a little sad to think that the trip was finished, but I was happy to be headed back to Suwei and to get started on our next adventure, moving to Colorado.

Stay Tuned.

Here is the slide show:

Ireland: Part 3

No comments: