Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mountain Biking Around Moab & Canyonlands National Park


Buck Canyon Overlook, Canyonlands National Park
Lafayette, CO - It is now week six since my surgery and I'm going to try my damnedest to not talk about this dang knee. Let's talk about Moab instead. What started out as a climbing trip out to Indian Creek, slowly morphed into a mountain biking trip to Moab. Jake bailed because his buddy Rudy didn't want to drive that far and I'm sure the idea of following someone up some tricky routes in Rifle, CO didn't sound all that bad (hope you guys didn't get rained out!) Then Tanya, Lisa, Drew, Toni and Tom decided to join us. Glen and Josh were already out there. Lisa S. was in, then out. Then Pat jumped in our car at the last minute. Bikes on the top, we headed for the desert. Boy was it nice to get out and about again. I was feeling a little cooped up due to the knee that I'm not supposed to be talking about.

Suwei mountain biked both days, doing the Sovereign Trail on Saturday and Baby Steps on Sunday. On Saturday I ran a shuttle for the bikers, then on Sunday I headed out to Canyonlands National Park to be a tourist and take some photos. We had a little bit of rain here and there, but overall it was a very, very nice weekend. Here are some pics:




Mountain Biking North of Moab
From the top: Tanya, Karl, Toni, Lisa, Pat, Drew, & Suwei






At Camp in Castleton Valley




Grand View Point Overlook, Canyonlands National Park



Here's a link to the slideshow:

Mountian Biking Around Moab & Canyonlands National Park, UT

No comments: